Construction Inspector - Northern California
Construction Inspector (Highways, Public Works and/or Bridges)
Perform inspection on State and Public Agency projects throughout California. Multiple openings are available, throughout the State. Our offices are located in Oakland, San Francisco, Irvine, Richmond, Sacramento, Humboldt, Stockton, and San Jose.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, techniques, and terminology of inspection and civil engineering;
- Knowledge of surveying and construction methods, materials testing and equipment;
- Ability to determine quality, materials, and workmanship through inspection, and to determine compliance with specifications;
- Ability to write and prepare clear and concise field reports;
Experience with Caltrans procedures highly looked for, but not required. Be able to work under a Resident Engineer and be our representative in the field for our clients.
Sufficient education, training and/or work experience to demonstrate possession of the knowledge and skills, which would typically be acquired through:
- Two years of college in civil engineering or construction management and two years experience in construction
- High School Graduate or GED and four years experience in construction
- Valid California Driver’s License
Because the type of projects handled by Ghirardelli Associates are complex and involve a great deal of responsibility, all of our employees stand out in their respective fields. But we also make sure to have fun, each and every day. We recruit the best by offering aggressive compensation packages and an exciting, caring work environment. Our family business model means that we treat our employees with the attention, care and consideration that family members deserve.
- Medical Insurance - United Healthcare and Kaiser
- Dental Insurance - Delta Dental
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Profit Sharing
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Time
- Sick Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Education Allowance
- Company Vehicle (depending on assignment)
Ghirardelli Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ghirardelli Associates, Inc. does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.