Office Engineer - Southern California
LOCATION: Orange, Los Angeles and Riverside Counties
Immediate position open for Office Engineer with remediation experience available in Vernon, CA.
Other positions with general office engineering experience comes available throughout the local counties.
The Office Engineer will undertake responsibility for contract administration of one or multiple concurrent construction projects. The OE is committed to making certain that the project moves smoothly, ensuring teamwork, efficiency, and clear communication with project team members including Contractors, Agencies, and staff. This position will serve as the on-site field administrator of activities related to construction projects, field orders, submittals, and project documentation.
Duties are varied in nature, and may include basic contract management, field engineering, site inspection, budget and schedule control, and project documentation including submittal review and processing, request for information (RFI) processing, photographic records, and daily construction logs.
The position may include but not limited to responsibilities:
- Conduct research, perform technical analyses, develop presentations, write technical reports and undertake other tasks as assigned.
- Conduct research and undertake analyses on a variety of topics
- Write first drafts, prepare and finalizes technical presentations, reports, papers and other deliverables
- Consolidate, review and edit technical inputs to prepare presentations, reports, papers and other deliverables
- Works independently on complex tasks
- Support project managers with day-to-day tasks
- Provide meeting support: preparing agendas, taking and distributing meeting minutes, and following up on action items.
- Assist task leads with drafting procurement documents and work plans, and updating project trackers, etc.
- Track project costs and maintains project budgets
- Track project performance indicator data
- Prepare project progress reporting such as quarterly and annual reports
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A B.S. or B.A. degree in an appropriate construction-related technical or engineering field is preferred
- minimum of 2-4 years of construction and engineering experience directly related to general field administration on significant construction projects is required
- Ability to communicate with project team staff or others
- Candidate should be detailed oriented and organized
- strong applied experience with computer applications, and computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, or equivalent.
- Assists with administering training programs, and assists with writing training manuals.
- Caltrans Experience, highly desired.
- Remediation Experience highly desired.
- Experience with database use and manipulation is necessary.
- Knowledge of Department of Toxic Substances Control formats preferred.
- Medical Insurance - United Healthcare and Kaiser
- Dental Insurance - Delta Dental
- Vision Plan - VSP
- Flexible Spending Plan (FSA)
- Health Spending Account (HSA)
- GlobalFit Membership
- Wellness Rewards Program
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Profit Sharing
- 401(k) Plan
Work & Life
- Bereavement Leave
- 9 Holidays
- Education Allowance
- Company Vehicle (depending on assignment)