Resident Engineer - Southern California
Resident Engineer (Highways, Public Works and/or Bridges)
Civil Engineering and Construction Management
Multiple openings are coming up throughout Southern California. Our Southern California office is located in Irvine. Past experience as a Resident Engineer is a must. Perform engineering, office engineering, some inspection, supervise other engineers, be able to work well with the client and good public relations skills.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, techniques, and terminology of inspection and civil engineering
- Knowledge of surveying and construction methods, materials testing and equipment
- Review/analyze engineering related materials, reports, documents, plans and specifications
- Ability to determine quality, materials, and workmanship through inspection, and to determine compliance with specifications
- Ability to write and prepare clear and concise monthly reports and correspondence
Experience with Caltrans procedures and specifications are highly looked for, but not required.
Sufficient education, training and/or work experience to demonstrate possession of the knowledge and skills, which would typically be acquired through:
- at least 4 years experience in managing Construction Projects
- California PE
- Valid California Driver’s License
Because the type of projects handled by Ghirardelli Associates are complex and involve a great deal of responsibility, all of our employees stand out in their respective fields. But we also make sure to have fun, each and every day. We recruit the best by offering aggressive compensation packages and an exciting, caring work environment. Our family business model means that we treat our employees with the attention, care and consideration that family members deserve.
- Medical Insurance - United Healthcare and Kaiser
- Dental Insurance - Delta Dental
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Profit Sharing
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Time
- Sick Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Education Allowance
- Company Vehicle (depending on assignment)
Ghirardelli Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ghirardelli Associates, Inc. does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.