Office Engineer - Northern California
The Office Engineer will undertake responsibility for contract administration of one or multiple concurrent construction projects. The OE is committed to making certain that the project moves smoothly, ensuring teamwork, efficiency, and clear communication with project team members including Contractors, Agencies, and staff. This position will serve as the on-site field administrator of activities related to construction projects, field orders, submittals, and project documentation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Resident Engineer and/or Project Manager in all aspects of required office construction engineering work including setting up and maintaining project files, writing contract change orders, processing required documents and progress payments, as necessary.
- Office Engineers shall be knowledgeable in computer applications, and computer software programs such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Develops and maintains an organized and complete set of records and procedures for the project
- Review, negotiate and make recommendation for change orders.
- Review submittals, deliverables and other construction documents for completeness and accuracy
- Monitors and schedules all necessary construction staking/surveys, field and material inspections and preliminary, acceptance, and specialty testing as required throughout the contract
- Provide and maintain logs for RFls, change orders, submittals, Request For Quotations, Correction Notices, Stop Work Notices, and related construction documents
- Track, process and distribute submittals, RFI’s, design submittals, shop drawings, product data, and work plans.
- Prepare weekly reports on progress of submittal, RFI, and design submittal reviews to the Resident Engineer
- Maintains the as-built drawings for change order updates and assists project lead in ensuring field staff updates as-built drawings as required
- Assists the project lead in preparing final project closeout documents, including the resolution of potential claims
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A B.S. or B.A. degree in an appropriate construction-related technical or engineering field is preferred
- minimum of 4 years of construction and engineering experience directly related to general field administration on significant construction projects is required
- Ability to communicate with project team staff or others
- Candidate should be detailed oriented and organized
- strong applied experience with computer applications, and computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, or equivalent.
- Assists with administering training programs, and assists with writing training manuals.
- Caltrans Experience, highly desired.
Because the type of projects handled by Ghirardelli Associates are complex and involve a great deal of responsibility, all of our employees stand out in their respective fields. But we also make sure to have fun, each and every day. We recruit the best by offering aggressive compensation packages and an exciting, caring work environment. Our family business model means that we treat our employees with the attention, care and consideration that family members deserve.
- Medical Insurance – United Healthcare and Kaiser
- Dental Insurance – Delta Dental
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Plan (FSA)
- Health Spending Account (HSA)
- GlobalFit Membership
- Wellness Rewards Program
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Profit Sharing
- 401(k) Plan
Work & Life
- Vacation Time
- Sick Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Education Allowance
- Company Vehicle (depending on assignment)