Ghirardelli Associates, currently looking to hire Construction Inspectors with experience in remediation to be based out of our Irvine, CA Office working on a project located in Vernon, CA. This is an opportunity to work with experienced engineers dedicated to working on civil and technical engineering and construction management.
this position may include but not limited to:
- Attends pre-construction meetings
- Prepares a written daily report documenting construction activities, including but not limited to: contractor labor, equipment, daily construction progress, project site visitors, non-conforming work, safety issues, traffic control, field measured quantiles, field discussions with the contractor and public, takes daily project photos, change order work performed, and weather.
- Prepare a timesheet daily which records all hours worked, along with vacation, holidays, and sick leave taken.
- Consults with Resident Engineers, Bridge Engineers, Project Engineers, other project representatives, and contractors' superintendents on work progress and construction problems.
- Prepares quantity calculation sheets to support monthly progress payments to construction contractors.
- Coordinates field testing of construction materials and construction surveys.
- Coordinates communication between district/division/Department of Public Safety and other external entities.
- Ensures contractors build roadways, bridges and related highway structures and/or airport improvements in accordance with plans and specifications.
- Monitors project phasing and traffic control plans for compliance with approved safety standards
- Observes and inspects ongoing construction work.
- Performs construction record-keeping activities; recommends payments to contractors; prepares reports.
- Trains and mentors less experienced inspectors on work methods.
- Documents work progress and issues arising throughout scope of project.
- Performs other job responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be familiar with construction inspection techniques associated with the construction of roadways, highways, bridges, light rail, heavy rail, airports, utilities, marine facilities, ports, and other infrastructure facilities, when required by their current assignments.
- Must be familiar with regulatory requirements such as CalOsha, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP), US Department of Fish and Wildlife, California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Army Corp of Engineers, Regional Water Quality Control Boards, and other regulatory agencies as required.
- 2 - 4 years construction Inspector required.
- Strong communication, verbal and written are required.
- Basic computer skills required. Microsoft Word, Excel
- Caltrans Experience, highly desired.
- Knowledge of Caltrans and Local Agency Standard Plans and Specifications and Greenbook,highly desired.
- Medical Insurance - United Healthcare and Kaiser
- Dental Insurance - Delta Dental
- Vision Plan - VSP
- Flexible Spending Plan (FSA)
- Health Spending Account (HSA)
- GlobalFit Membership
- Wellness Rewards Program
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Profit Sharing
- 401(k) Plan
Work & Life
- Paid Time Off
- Bereavement Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Education Allowance
- Company Vehicle (depending on assignment)